Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Never Leave Him - Neil L. Andersen

  This is so timely here in our area of Brasil.  In this district, the leaders here have told us that over 30 returned missionaries have "left Him."  We hope events will bring some of them back during our stay but access is hard. 
  The story of Frederick G. Williams brings us to his family connection with JR Price and the calling of one of his great grandchildren: (From my Journal)

        In the early fall of 1926, Elder Melvin J. Ballard spoke at the Phoenix Ward just after returning from opening the South American Mission.  My grandfather, James Robert Price was the bishop of the ward at that time.  One of the attendees at that meeting was a young man, Frederick S. Williams.  Brother Williams had not been considering a mission at that time, but this talk was a pivotal point in his life.  Soon after, Bishop Price interviewed him for a mission.  He was sent with another young man from the ward, Paul Davis.  Soon after, J.R. Price was called to be the Stake President of the Phoenix Stake from which Elder Williams left for his mission.
  Upon receiving my mission call to Brazil, the first person I called to announce this news to was my Grandfather, James Robert Price, the then President of the Mesa Temple.  Upon telling him that I had my call, he calmly told me that I was going to Brazil!  How did he know?
  Now we know of Fredrick G. Williams (a grandchild of Frederick S. Williams) again as the Temple President in Recife, Brasil.  He was the Assistant to President Bangerter when I arrived on my mission in 1962.
  From this article, I emphasize that we all have only one "personal enemy."  We will always have mortal animosities between people, but remember they are caused by the success of the Enemy who lives his marks on each of us in offences, accusations, contention, then counter-accusations.  Peter warned, "your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." He is the cause of the wars down to the personal dis-affections of our times. They are only temporary. Our acquiescence is more permanent, less we repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment